[ovirt-users] Sanlock add Lockspace Errors

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 16:37:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:27 AM, InterNetX - Juergen Gotteswinter
<juergen.gotteswinter at internetx.com> wrote:
> What if we move all vm off the lun which causes this error, drop the lun
> and recreated it. Will we "migrate" the error with the VM to a different
> lun or could this be a fix?

This should will fix the ids file, but since we don't know why this corruption
happened, it may happen again.

Please open a bug with the log I requested so we can investigate this issue.

To fix the ids file you don't have to recreate the lun, just
initialize the ids lv.

1. Put the domain to maintenance (via engine)

No host should access it while you reconstruct the ids file

2. Activate the ids lv

You may need to connect to this iscsi target first, unless you have other
vgs connected on the same target.

    lvchange -ay sd_uuid/ids

3. Initialize the lockspace

    sanlock direct init -s <sd_uuid>:0:/dev/<sd_uuid>/ids:0

4. Deactivate the ids lv

    lvchange -an sd_uuid/ids

6. Activate the domain (via engine)

The domain should become active after a while.

Nir