[ovirt-users] oVirt Windows Guest Tools & Live Migration issues.

Pavel Gashev Pax at acronis.com
Tue Jun 7 21:13:20 UTC 2016

It seems guest tools installer is broken at least for Windows 2012 R2. It installs files into Program Files, but doesn't actually install drivers and QEMU guest tools. No errors, it reports that everything is ok, but it's not. oVirt guest tools is installed and work properly.

Workarounds are the following:
1. Start Device Manager and make sure all devices have drivers. Install drivers from «C:\Program Files (x86)\oVirt Guest Tools\drivers» if needed. Do not install video driver.
2. Start «C:\Program Files (x86)\oVirt Guest Tools\drivers\qemu-ga-x64.exe» manually.
3. Rename «C:\Program Files (x86)\oVirt Guest Tools\drivers\Balloon\2k12R2» into «…\w2k12R2», otherwise installed balloon service doesn't start.