[ovirt-users] Changing ticket duration for VMs

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 07:22:38 UTC 2016

> On 07 Jun 2016, at 12:20, Alexis HAUSER <alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I'm looking for a way to change the duration of all tickets from all VMs. How can I do this ? I'd like to change it to 5 min instead of 2 min.

standalone clients or web clients? For web there’s websocket proxy which has it’s own WebSocketProxyTicketValiditySeconds engine-config parameter
But I think the regular 120s for the actual qemu connection still applies, so it won’t solve anything for you
120s cannot be changed

> It seems it is possible to change these parameters using the RestAPI, with "action.grace_period.expiry" or "action.ticket.value"...
> Anyway, these parameters seems to be accessible only using POST but not GET. How can you retrieve their value then, using POST ?
>
> These parameters seem to be available for each VM, is there a way to set it for all VMs in general, even next VM created ? Do they work for all tickets created, or only one single generated ticket where you define its value ?

Note that if your clock between engine and hosts is too much off you will run into all kind of issues. So please do make sure you have NTP set up on all machines correctly.
For clients connecting to portal/console it’s indeed just this ticket validity which is often a problem:)

Thanks,
michal