[ovirt-users] WARNING: lvmetad is running but disabled. Restart lvmetad before enabling it!

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 21:45:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:31 AM, Claude Durocher
<claude.durocher at cptaq.gouv.qc.ca> wrote:
> I get this warning in vdsm logs with ovirt 3.6 installed on CentOS 7.2 :
>
> WARNING: lvmetad is running but disabled. Restart lvmetad before enabling
> it!
>
> The service is effectively running but disabled in systemd. In
> /etc/lvm/lvm.conf I have :
>
> use_lvmetad = 1
>
> Can someone please advise on how to solve this?

You see lvm warnings in vdsm debug logs, this is not a warning, and
you can safely
ignore it.

If you like to stop these warnings, you can stop and mask lvm2-lvmetad
and disable
it in lvm.conf:

    systemctl stop lvm2-lvmetad.service lvm2-lvmetad.socket
    systemctl mask lvm2-lvmetad.service lvm2-lvmetad.socket

And disable it in lvm.conf:

    use_lvmetad = 0

This has no effect on vdsm, which already ignore lvmetad using command line
configuration (look for --config in vdsm.log).

We are considering adding this to vdsm installation.

Nir