[ovirt-users] 3.6 looses network on reboot

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 07:06:15 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 12:54:25AM +0000, David LeVene wrote:

> Can you check our patches? They should resolve the problem we saw in the
> log: https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/54237  (based on oVirt-3.6.3)
>
> -- I've manually applied the patch to the node that I was testing on
> and the networking comes on-line correctly - now I'm encountering a
> gluster issue with cannot find master domain.

You are most welcome to share your logs (preferably on a different
thread, to avoid confusion)

> Without the fixes, as a workaround, I would suggest (if possible) to disable IPv6 on your host boot line and check if all works out for you.
> -- Ok, but as I can manually apply the patch its good now. Do you know
> what version are we hoping to have this put into as I won't perform an
> ovirt/vdsm update until its part of the upstream RPM's

The fix has been proposed to ovirt-3.6.4. I'll make sure it's accepted.

> Do you need IPv6 connectivity? If so, you'll need to use a vdsm hook or another interface that is not controlled by oVirt.
> -- Ideally I'd prefer not to have it, but the way our network has been
> configured some hosts are IPv6 only, so at a min the guests need it..
> the hypervisors not so much.

May I tap to what your IPv6 experience? (only if you feel confortable sharing
this publically). What does these IPv6-only servers do? What does the guest do
with them?

> -- I've now hit an issue with it not starting up the master storage
> gluster domain - as it’s a separate issue I'll review the mailing
> lists & create a new item if its related.. I've attached the
> supervdsm.log incase you can save me some time and point me in the
> right direction!

All I see is this

MainProcess|jsonrpc.Executor/4::ERROR::2016-03-03 11:15:04,699::supervdsmServer::118::SuperVdsm.ServerCallback::(wrapper) Error in wrapper
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/supervdsmServer", line 116, in wrapper
    res = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/supervdsmServer", line 531, in wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/gluster/cli.py", line 496, in volumeInfo
    xmltree = _execGlusterXml(command)
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/gluster/cli.py", line 108, in _execGlusterXml
    raise ge.GlusterCmdExecFailedException(rc, out, err)
GlusterCmdExecFailedException: Command execution failed
return code: 2

which tells me very little. Please share your vdsm.log and gluster logs
(possibly /var/log/messages as well) to understand what has happened.
Make sure to include sabose at redhat.com on the thread.
In the past we heard that network disconnections causes glusterd to crash, so
it might be the case again.

Regards,
Dan.