[ovirt-users] Sample OVirt KS for HV Deployment

Duckworth, Douglas C duckd at tulane.edu
Fri Mar 4 21:53:46 UTC 2016

"All I use it for is to set one NIC up with an IP address, so the engine
can reach it. The rest is done via the engine. I probably should just do
this with DHCP and MAC reservations really"

Ah thanks. So we can do that with kernel options too. I wasn't sure if
we should even bother with bonds though since the manager will do the rest.

Thanks for sharing your iscsid.conf.  We're using the copy module to
place our modified one on the hypervisor, though your solution might be
more elegant, along with others that modify rsyslog and cron, then
persisting those files:

- name: unpersist conf files on HV
  tags: [conf]
  command: "unpersist {{ item.destdir }}/{{ item.name }}"
  with_items: hv_files

- name: copy conf files to hv
  tags: [conf]
  copy: src="{{ item.name }}"
        dest="{{ item.destdir }}/{{ item.name }}"
        mode="{{ item.mode }}"
        owner=root group=root
  with_items: hv_files

- name: persist conf files on HV
  tags: [conf]
  command: "persist {{ item.destdir }}/{{ item.name }}"
  with_items: hv_files
  notify:
        - rsyslog
        - crond

How do people handle installing additional packages [we add htop, vim,
iftop, nethogs, diamond, check_mk] to the hypervisor after deployment?

After remounting rw we use this task to copy rpms from Apache server:

- name: install rhel7 packages
  command: "rpm -i {{ item.destdir }}/{{ item.name }}"
  with_items: rh7_rpm_files
  register: rpm_result
  when: ansible_distribution_major_version == "7"
  failed_when: "rpm_result.rc == 69"

--
Thanks

Douglas Duckworth, MSc, LFCS