[ovirt-users] QEMU GlusterFS support in oVirt

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sat Mar 12 15:04:16 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Samuli Heinonen <samppah at neutraali.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> It seems that oVirt 3.6 is still using FUSE to access GlusterFS storage domains instead of using QEMU driver (libgfapi). As far as I know libgfapi support should be available in Libvirt and QEMU packages provided in CentOS 7.

We started to work this during 3.6 development, but the work was
suspended because
libvirt and qemu do not support multiple gluster servers [1]. This
means that if your single
server is down, you will not be able to connect to gluster.

Recently Niels suggested that we use DNS for this purpose - if the DNS
return multiple
servers, libgafpi should be able to failover to one of these servers,
so connecting with
single server address should good as multiple server support in libvirt or qemu.

The changes needed to support this are not big as you can see in [2],
[3]. However the work
was not completed and I don't know if it will completed for 4.0.

> Is there any workarounds how to use libgfapi with oVirt before it’s officially available?

I don't know about any.

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1247521
[2] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/44061
[3] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/33768