[ovirt-users] ovirt and CAS SSO

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr
Mon Mar 14 09:28:02 UTC 2016

I managed to set a not 100% perfect solution but quite usable any way.

I used org.ovirt.engineextensions.aaa.misc.http.AuthnExtension for authentication, behind a mod_cas_auth. [1]
Authorization is done using org.ovirt.engine.extension.aaa.jdbc.binding.api.AuthzExtension.

I still need to create users manually with ovirt-aaa-jdbc-tool and assign right manually, but I don't have a lof of users, so I can live with that.

I can share my configuration with you if you are interested.

I tried to have a look at the source code of current AAA modules. And they teach me only one thing, that without a complete documentation, there is
no hope to write a new one. Is the javadoc ovirt-engine-extensions-api-impl-javadoc online somewhere ?

[1] https://wiki.jasig.org/display/casc/mod_auth_cas.