[ovirt-users] How to use /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup.env.d/ ?

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 15:27:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Pat Riehecky <riehecky at fnal.gov> wrote:
> I'd like to pre-seed answers to several of the hosted-engine setup question,
> but can't seem to find any instructions on how to pass answers into
> hosted-engine.  I tried the same tactics as with engine-setup, but those
> netted no results.

That's currently not supported by hosted-engine setup.

otopi itself also reads these files from /etc/otopi.conf and
/etc/otopi.conf.d/*.conf
(both do not exist by default, but you can create what you want).

All tools will read it, so be careful about what you add there. This
might include
also host-deploy.

hosted-engine setup has special handling for '--config-append', but in
principle you
can use that. It might be difficult on additional hosts, due to this
special handling.

You can also try imitating the behavior of engine-setup by passing e.g.:

hosted-engine --deploy
--otopi-environment="APPEND:CORE/configFileName=str:/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup.conf"

> Pat
>
> --
> Pat Riehecky
> Scientific Linux developer