[ovirt-users] Prepare for version 4 of oVirt API

René Koch rkoch at rk-it.at
Thu May 5 09:34:18 UTC 2016

On 05/04/2016 04:39 PM, Juan Hernández wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> For those of you that use oVirt API, I wanted to inform you that
> version 4 of oVirt will by default use a new version of the API,
> incompatible with the previous one. The previous version will still be
> supported, but only for clients that explicitly send the "Version: 3"
> header, as described here:
>

> https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/tree/master/backend/manager/modules/restapi
So with version 3 everything should work in futher version of oVirt, but
it's recommended to switch to Version 4, right? Are there any plans yet
to drop support of Version 3 API in e.g. oVirt 4.1?

> If you are aware of any piece of software that uses the oVirt API,
> please let me know, so that we can inform the authors.
Thanks for sending a patch to check_rhev3, I've merged it into master.
So monitoring oVirt 4.0 with Nagios/Icinga should work :)