[ovirt-users] Error deleting template

Idan Shaby ishaby at redhat.com
Mon May 2 13:39:37 UTC 2016

Hi Giulio,

Indeed it seems that there's an inconsistency between the storage and the
database.
Somehow the template's disk was removed from the storage. Your logs don't
tell how and when.

This is what needs to be done in order to get rid of the stale entries -
run in the database:

Delete from vm_device where device_id =
'6949d47a-0d38-468e-ad4e-670372841174';
Delete from images where image_group_id =
'6949d47a-0d38-468e-ad4e-670372841174';
Delete from base_disks where disk_id =
'6949d47a-0d38-468e-ad4e-670372841174';
Delete from vm_static where vm_guid =
'6ec76d42-98a6-4094-a76c-af1b639c5b30';

If it happens again, please file a BZ with the full logs of engine and
vdsm, so we can investigate this issue.
Feel free to ask anything if you got further questions.

Regards
Idan