[ovirt-users] vms in paused state

Bill James bill.james at j2.com
Mon May 2 21:02:17 UTC 2016

.recovery setting before removing:
p298
sS'status'
p299
S'Paused'
p300

After removing .recovery file and shutdown and restart:
V0
sS'status'
p51
S'Up'
p52

So far looks good, GUI show's VM as Up.

another host was:
p318
sS'status'
p319
S'Paused'
p320

after moving .recovery file and restarting:
V0
sS'status'
p51
S'Up'

Thanks.

On 04/29/2016 02:36 PM, Nir Soffer wrote:
> /run/vdsm/<vmid>.recovery
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Bill James <bill.james at j2.com
> <mailto:bill.james at j2.com>> wrote:
>
>     where do I find the recovery files?
>
>     [root at ovirt1 test vdsm]# pwd
>     /var/lib/vdsm
>     [root at ovirt1 test vdsm]# ls -la
>     total 16
>     drwxr-xr-x   6 vdsm kvm    100 Mar 17 16:33 .
>     drwxr-xr-x. 45 root root  4096 Apr 29 12:01 ..
>     -rw-r--r--   1 vdsm kvm  10170 Jan 19 05:04 bonding-defaults.json
>     drwxr-xr-x   2 vdsm root     6 Apr 19 11:34 netconfback
>     drwxr-xr-x   3 vdsm kvm     54 Apr 19 11:35 persistence
>     drwxr-x---.  2 vdsm kvm      6 Mar 17 16:33 transient
>     drwxr-xr-x   2 vdsm kvm     40 Mar 17 16:33 upgrade
>

>     On 4/29/16 10:02 AM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
>>

>>     On 29 Apr 2016, at 18:26, Bill James <bill.james at j2.com
>>     <mailto:bill.james at j2.com>> wrote:
>>
>>>     yes they are still saying "paused" state.
>>>     No, bouncing libvirt didn't help.
>>
>>     Then my suspicion of vm recovery gets closer to a certainty:)
>>     Can you get one of the paused vm's .recovery file from
>>     /var/lib/vdsm and check it says Paused there? It's worth a shot
>>     to try to remove that file and restart vdsm, then check logs and
>>     that vm status...it should recover "good enough" from libvirt only.
>>     Try it with one first
>>
>>>     I noticed the errors about the ISO domain. Didn't think that was
>>>     related.
>>>     I have been migrating a lot of VMs to ovirt lately, and recently
>>>     added another node.
>>>     Also had some problems with /etc/exports for a while, but I
>>>     think those issues are all resolved.
>>>

>>>     Last "unresponsive" message in vdsm.log was:
>>>
>>>     vdsm.log.49.xz:jsonrpc.Executor/0::WARNING::*2016-04-21*
>>>     11:00:54,703::vm::5067::virt.vm::(_setUnresponsiveIfTimeout)
>>>     vmId=`b6a13808-9552-401b-840b-4f7022e8293d`::monitor become
>>>     unresponsive (command timeout, age=310323.97)
>>>     vdsm.log.49.xz:jsonrpc.Executor/0::WARNING::2016-04-21
>>>     11:00:54,703::vm::5067::virt.vm::(_setUnresponsiveIfTimeout)
>>>     vmId=`5bfb140a-a971-4c9c-82c6-277929eb45d4`::monitor become
>>>     unresponsive (command timeout, age=310323.97)
>>>

>>>     Thanks.

>>>     www.j2.com
>>>     <http://www.j2.com/?utm_source=j2global&utm_medium=xsell-referral&utm_campaign=employeeemail>
>>>
>>>     This email, its contents and attachments contain information
>>>     from j2 Global, Inc
>>>     <http://www.j2.com/?utm_source=j2global&utm_medium=xsell-referral&utm_campaign=employemail>.
>>>     and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or
>>>     otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
>>>     to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee,
>>>     any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of
>>>     this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in
>>>     error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the
>>>     original message and any copies. © 2015 j2 Global, Inc
>>>     <http://www.j2.com/>. All rights reserved. eFax ®
> [...]

Cloud Services for Business www.j2.com
j2 | eFax | eVoice | FuseMail | Campaigner | KeepItSafe | Onebox

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies. (c) 2015 j2 Global, Inc. All rights reserved. eFax, eVoice, Campaigner, FuseMail, KeepItSafe, and Onebox are registered trademarks of j2 Global, Inc. and its affiliates.