[ovirt-users] 3.6.5.3: UI Uncaught Exception: New VM from Template

Richard Chan richard at treeboxsolutions.com
Tue May 10 17:05:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Alexander Wels <awels at redhat.com> wrote:

> Looks like they already did that as the bottom stack trace has this in it:
> org.ovirt.engine.ui.uicommonweb.models.storage.DisksAllocationModel.
> $updateImageToDestinationDomainMap(DisksAllocationModel.java:288)
>
> So looks like an issue in DiskAllocationModel.

[SOLVED: user permissions problem]
I managed to solve the issue: the user did not have sufficient permissions
on the Storage domain. Assigning the user PowerUser role made VM creation
from template work.

RFE: the UI error messages and even the unobfuscated stack trace are not
really very helpful. Is there any way that error reporting can be improved?
Some pop-up "Insufficient permissions" like the ovirt-shell command line?

Richard Chan