[ovirt-users] Log4j hostname

Dominique Taffin dominique.taffin at 1und1.de
Wed May 11 06:20:35 UTC 2016

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it does not include the hostname with header=true.

The following is received by the logserver:

{
  "_index": "ovirt-2016.05.11",
  "_type": "syslog",
  "_id": "AVSedM6EH9SU2r3j0ihk",
  "_score": null,
  "_source": {
    "message": "<14>[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.HostDevListByCapsVDSCommand] START, HostDevListByCapsVDSCommand(HostName = onodeXXX.some.domain, VdsIdAndVdsVDSCommandParametersBase:{runAsync='true', hostId='XXXXXXXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX', vds='Host[onodeXXX.some.domain,XXXXXXXX-XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX]'}), log id: 689d5b30\n",
    "@version": "1",
    "@timestamp": "2016-05-11T08:15:35.729+02:00",
    "type": "syslog",
    "host": "10.XXX.XXX.XXX",
    "tags": [
      "_grokparsefailure"
    ],
    "syslog_severity_code": 5,
    "syslog_facility_code": 1,
    "syslog_facility": "user-level",
    "syslog_severity": "notice"
  },
  "sort": [
    1462947335729,
    1462947335729
  ]
}

is it possible to have the IP in the "host" filed have resolved from log4j so that the hostname will be displayed there? Or have it convinced to use the appender.Application field?

thank you and best,

 Dominique