[ovirt-users] volume_utilization_chunk_mb not working

Grundmann, Christian Christian.Grundmann at fabasoft.com
Fri May 13 10:34:46 UTC 2016

Hi
I create a lot of Thin Disk VMs from templates every day, and get "paused due to no storage space error" and "paused due to unknown storage error" on a few of them.
Sometimes the VMs are resumed a few seconds later but sometime not, but I can resume them myself.

I tried to set
volume_utilization_percent=15
volume_utilization_chunk_mb=4048

in /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf on every Host

But the Initial Size of the Disk is always 1GB and then increments to 2GB

4GB would be the maximum Size I need before I destroy the VM. So if the initial Size would be 4GB the pausing shouldn't happen anymore

Thx a lot for your help
Christian