[ovirt-users] [Users] Host moved to Non-operational state interfaces are down

Clifford Trueman clifford.trueman at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:29:32 UTC 2016

Morning,

Having an issue with a completely standalone system (no actual network
connectivity)
Fresh out of the box installation.

The issue I'm running into is actually well described here;

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/vdsm-devel/2013-June/002403.html

I've read through the admin guide several times and I'm struggling to find
any information detailing exactly how ovirtmangment network exists on my
system.

My configuration is process was as follows:

Centos 7 System has two physical interfaces

we'll call them en1 en2 for simplicities sake.

en1 = 10.0.0.1/24 resolves to in host file as localmachine.test.net
en2 = 192.168.0.1 bridged to ovirtmgmt

with my fresh install of ovirt-engine, I added my local machine as host
node and it installed the packages and shows up, but fails to down state
after about 10  - 15 seconds with

Host moved to Non-Operational state due to interfaces which are down are
needed by required networks in your cluster.

I then tried binding the ovirtmgmt network to the other interface so it
didn't ride on the same NIC that resolves the FQDN of the box.

So I'm currently at a loss of what to try next, any help would be greatly
appreciated.