[ovirt-users] Linux guests vs. Spice/QXL?

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Wed May 18 10:20:38 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm running some tests on OVirt (3.6.5.3) on CentOS 7 and almost
everything works quite well so far.

CentOS 6.x, Windows 7 and 2008R2 work fine with Spice/QXL, so my setup
seems to be ok.

Other Linux systems don't work: Debian 8, Fedora 23/24, CentOS 7.x,
Kubuntu 16.04... CentOS 7.x even kills his X server every time the user
logs out. X-)

They all have in common that they show a fixed display resolution of
1024x768 pixels. This can not be changed manually and of course
automatic display resizing doesn't work either.

All machines have spice-vdagent and ovirt-guest-agent installed and running.

Is this a local problem or is this known/expected behaviour? Is there
anything I can do to improve this?

thank you,
Uwe