[ovirt-users] dwhd error: host_interface_samples_history_pkey

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun May 29 07:39:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Bill James <bill.james at j2.com> wrote:
> Ovirt events keeps saying
> "ETL service sampling has encountered an error. Please consult the service
> log for more details."
>

> ovirt-engine-dwhd.log says:
> 2016-05-27
> 10:55:00|UWxd1W|48u96S|MjrqV0|OVIRT_ENGINE_DWH|StatisticsSync|Default|6|Java
> Exception|tJDBCOutput_4|org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:ERROR: root page
>  3 of index "host_interface_samples_history_pkey" has level 0, expected 1|1

This error message is from postgresql, unrelated to a specific feature/table/etc
of ovirt.

It most likely means you had some corruption in your database, either due to
bad hardware (RAM, disk, etc) or temporary issues (power failure, kernel panic
etc).

If you think it was a temporary issue and just want to fix this specific bad
index, you can recreate it with the command "reindex". Search for e.g.
'postgresql "ignore_system_indexes" reindex' to find more relevant information.

Best,

> Exception in component tJDBCOutput_3
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
> commands ignored until end of transaction block
>         at
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2157)
>
> (see attached)
>
> I double checked all my VMs, they all have an interface assigned. Not sure
> what host_interface_samples_history_pkey is referring to.
>

> Thanks.

Didi