[ovirt-users] One RHEV Virtual Machine does not Automatically Resume following Compellent SAN Controller Failover

InterNetX - Juergen Gotteswinter jg at internetx.com
Mon May 30 07:43:18 UTC 2016

We see exactly the same, and it does not seem to be Vendor dependend.

- Equallogic Controller Failover -> VM get paused and maybe unpaused but
most dont
- Nexenta ZFS iSCSI with RSF1 HA -> same
- FreeBSD ctld iscsi-target + Heartbeat -> same
- CentOS + iscsi-target + Heartbeat -> same

Multipath Settings are, where available, modified to match the best
practice supplied by the Vendor. On Open Source Solutions we started
with known working multipath/iscsi Settings, and meanwhile nearly every
possible setting has been tested. Without much success.

To me it looks like Ovirt/Rhev is way to sensitive to iSCSI
Interruptions, and it feels like gambling what the engine might do to
your VM (or not).