[ovirt-users] NAT/internal Networks in ovirt?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Nov 2 21:22:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm migrating off a vmware-server infrastructure and one thing that
provided was a NAT and a HostOnly network by default.  I'm trying to
replicate this (at least the NAT part) in ovirt.

A few years ago people were asking about setting up oVirt with
NAT/Internal networks, e.g.
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2012-April/001751.html

I also found
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/hook/network-nat/

Has this at all been integrated in the intervening years?  Or is NAT
networking still completely a manual process?  One would think this would
be a relatively common interface, where you want to have a VM that isn't
directly connected to the internet but still has internet access via a
(virtual) NAT?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745