[ovirt-users] Problem moving master storage domain to maintenance

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 10:23:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

     I have three storage domains backed by gluster in my environment
(hostedstorage, data and vmstore). I would want to move the storage
domains into maintenance. Have couple of questions here.

1) Will moving master storage domain into maintenance have some impact
on hostedstorage?

2) I see that moving master storage domain into maintenance causes
HostedEngine VM to restart and moves hosted_storage from active to
Unknown state. Is this expected?

3) master storage domain remains in  "Preparing for Maintenance" and i
see the following exceptions in the engine.log.

2016-11-03 06:22:10,988 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsBrokerCommand]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler6) [2d534f09]
IrsBroker::Failed::GetStoragePoolInfoVDS: IRSGenericException:
IRSErrorException: IRSNoMasterDomainException: Wrong Master domain or
its version: u'SD=08aba92e-e685-45d7-b03f-85d9678ecc9b,
pool=581999ef-02aa-0272-0334-000000000159'
2016-11-03 06:22:11,001 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.pool.ReconstructMasterDomainCommand]
(org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-24) [210d2f12] Validation of action
'ReconstructMasterDomain' failed for user SYSTEM. Reasons:
VAR__ACTION__RECONSTRUCT_MASTER,VAR__TYPE__STORAGE__DOMAIN,ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_STORAGE_DOMAIN_STATUS_ILLEGAL2,$status
PreparingForMaintenance

Thanks

kasturi.