[ovirt-users] Checking VmPool status with Python-SDK?

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 09:09:55 UTC 2016

On 11/08/2016 09:46 AM, nicolas at devels.es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're running oVirt 4.0.4.4 with engine python SDK version 3.6.7, and
> currently we're developing an application that first creates a VmPool
> and afterwards it updates it. However, sometimes happens that both
> operations occur at the same time, which results in an oVirt error
> claiming that a VmPool cannot be updated if there are still pending
> operations to do.
>
> We want to control this situation, so we've checked if the VmPool class
> has a .get_status() method but it seems it doesn't, so I'm asking for
> alternative ways of handling this. Would it be enough to say a VmPool is
> not "busy" if all its VMs are not in a blocked state (for example, with
> a blocked disk due to clonation)?

You are right, there is no "status" attribute in VM pools, the only way
to check if the pool is busy is as you suggest.

I take the opportunity to remind you that we will drop version 3 of the
API and version 3 of the SDKs in oVirt 4.2. Consider switching to versin
4 of the API and version 4 of the SDK. There are documentation and
examples here:

  https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/tree/master/sdk
  https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/tree/master/sdk/examples

Also, when checking what attributes are available in the API you can use
the documentation that is included in the system itself. For example, to
see the attributes of the "vm_pool" type you can go here:

  https://myengine.example.com/ovirt-engine/api/model#types/vm_pool

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain