[ovirt-users] about CPU type

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Wed Nov 9 10:10:14 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I manage several hosts with different CPU type and I was wondering about
good practices to create a cluster in ovirt.

I usually choose the lowest level to gather my hosts, Sandy Bridge seems
to be good. Is there for instance some performance advantage  to create
a cluster per CPU type?

I mean, if i decide to create an independant cluster with the Broadwell
family, what kind of advantage could this stuff bring to me? I know I
couldn't force live migrate my guests to a lower CPU type cluster, so
advantage must be greater than disadvantage.

thank you for help.

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau