[ovirt-users] extra permissions required to start VM via ovirt-shell?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Nov 10 14:26:51 UTC 2016

Awesome.  Thank you.  This solved the problem.

Looking with 20/20 hindsight, then --help output says this:

  -F, --filter          enables user permission based filtering

However as a n00b I would suggest that this is not sufficient to have
figured out the error.  From the documentation it's totally unclear the
difference between Admin:VM -> Basic Operations -> Run VM and User:VM ->
Basic Operations -> Run VM.  It's unclear from the Role Definition UI, and
it's unclear from the Administration Guide.

One would think that a permission is a permission.  Anyways, thank you for
clearing this up.  Hopefully this exchange will help the next person that
comes along trying to figure it all out.

Thank you!

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745