[ovirt-users] Comparing upgrade guide between oVirt and RHEV

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:46:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2) Command to upgrade the engine
>>> In oVirt page we have
>>> yum update "ovirt-engine-setup*"
>>>
>>> In RHEV we have the command without the star
>>> yum update ovirt-engine-setup
>>>
>>> If I remember correctly the star was important in the past....
>>> Any comments on this difference? Documentation error or different
>>> functionalities or dependency chain changed so that now it is not necessary
>>> the star also in oVirt?
>>>

>> Being on RHEL 7 OS with 4.0.4 they seems now equivalent
>>

> Both of them could be wrong if in the past you installed DWH.
> The right one is:
> yum update ovirt-*-setup*
>
> I'm triggering the procedures to fix the two documents.

right.
But at least you are notified when you run engine-setup.
In my case during engine-setup I got:

[ INFO  ] Checking for an update for Setup...
          An update for the Setup packages ovirt-engine-dwh-setup was
found. Please update that package by running:
          "yum update ovirt-engine-dwh-setup"
          and then execute Setup again.
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': Please
update the Setup packages
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up

Then

yum update ovirt-engine-dwh-setup

and then upgrade with "engine-setup" again went ok

> In case let me know how can I open a documentation bug for this if you
>> agree.
>>

> You are more than welcome.
> Thanks!

Against what?