[ovirt-users] Snapshot self-hosted engine?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Nov 18 02:58:04 UTC 2016

I'm running ovirt 4.0.4 on a single-host with (of course) self-hosted engine.

Ovirt seems to assume in many cases that there are multiple hosts around
so you can manipulate one host while the engine is running on another,
etc.

But in the single-host case.... how do you take a snapshot of the hosted
engine?  When I click on Virtual Machines -> HostedEngine and then below
click on Snapshots and then Create, I get an error:

HostedEngine
  * Cannot create Snapshot. This VM is not managed by the engine.

So... How can one snapshot the engine (e.g. prior to updating it)?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745