[ovirt-users] Storage questions

Oscar Segarra oscar.segarra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 15:17:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy a scalable VDI infraestructure where each phisical
host can run over 100 VDIs and I'd like to deploy 10 physical hosts (1000
VDIs).

In order to avoid performance problems (replicating 1000VDIs changes over
gluster network I think can provoque performance problems) I have thought
to use local storage for VDI assuming that VDIs cannot be migrated between
phisical hosts.

¿Is my worry founded in terms of performance?
¿Is it possible to utilize local SSD storage for VDIs?

I'd like to configure a gluster volume for backup on rotational disks
(tiered+replica 2+ stripe=2) just to provide HA if a physical host fails.

¿Is it possible to use rsync for backing up VDIs?
If not ¿How can I sync/backup  the VDIs running on local storage on the
gluster shared storage?
If a physical host fails ¿How can I start the latest backup of the VDI on
the shared gluster?

Thanks a lot