[ovirt-users] oVirt 4 and Neutron

Devin Acosta devin at pabstatencio.com
Tue Nov 22 03:09:10 UTC 2016

oVirt Users:

My work is currently deploying oVirt 4.0.5 into our Development
environment. I see there use to be a maintained Openstack Neutron image
that could be used with oVirt to provide SDN functionality. I'm
suspecting that the reason for the image no longer being maintained is
because it became a hassle to keep updated and patched. From what I
understand the current idea is to just point your oVirt installation to
an already installed Openstack setup. I can easily install an image and
install the latest Openstack (Keystone/Neutron) and then point oVirt to
it, but I want to understand if that is the proper way to move forward.
Is there a general consensus with the way oVirt is moving in regards to
Software Defined Networking and Neutron in general? Just want to ensure
I understand it clearly before just installing my own Neutron if there
is going to be another method.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Devin Acosta RHCA