[ovirt-users] GFS2 and OCFS2 for Shared Storage

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Wed Nov 23 13:11:21 UTC 2016

Le 23/11/2016 à 13:03, Fernando Frediani a écrit :
> Has anyone managed to use GFS2 or OCFS2 for Shared Block Storage between
> hosts ? How scalable was it and which of the two work better ?
>
> Using traditional CLVM is far from good starting because of the lack of
> Thinprovision so I'm willing to consider either of the Filesystems.
>
> Thanks
>
> Fernando

Hello Fernando,

Redhat took a clear direction towards the use of GlusterFS for its
Software-defined storage, and lots of efforts are made to make
oVirt/RHEV work together smoothly.
I know GlusterFS is not a block storage, but it's worth considering it,
especially if you intend to setup hyper-converged clusters.

--
Nicolas ECARNOT