[ovirt-users] Host keeps disconnecting

Chris Cowley chris.cowley at klaxoon.com
Tue Oct 4 11:56:57 UTC 2016

Hello all

I am trying out ovirt 4 on a single host using the hosted engine. All
storage is on the same machine, with NFS3 in the middle.

Regularly the host disconnects from the engine - although all the VMs
continue working happily. I can re-activate it immediately and it will come
online happily, I can then manipulate VMs to my hearts content for a few
minutes until it disconnects again and I have to re-activate it.

First, am I being stupid trying to run this on a single node? Am I obliged
to at least break out the storage in to a seperate node/NAS

Second, assuming this is technically possible, where should I be looking
for clues?
​
 vdsm.log
<https://drive.google.com/a/klaxoon.com/file/d/0B1WTcLeiwXQ2emhDQURjU25rYm8/view?usp=drive_web>