[ovirt-users] basic setup with SLES 11

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 09:16:37 UTC 2016

> On 6 Oct 2016, at 10:44, Lentes, Bernd <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> i'd like to create this basic setup:
> Two hosts with SLES 11 SP4, 10-15 guests (Windows 7, SLES, Ubuntu). SAN with several TB, attached via FC, formatted with OCFS2.
> VM's will run with kvm and libvirt. I'd like to have live migration.
> Would ovirt be possible in this setup, would i have a benefit ? Easy administration, s.th. like that ?

Hi,
with only two hosts it’s likely a bit too small setup to “waste” resources on administration tool overhead the size of oVirt. It’s doable (supposing you replace SLES 11 on hosts, oVirt has only guest support for SLES. CentOS/RHEL would be the best bet), but with only 2 hosts a bunch of scripts and virt-manager is likely a more effective solution.

Thanks,
michal