[ovirt-users] low level Image copy failed

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 22:18:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Jonas Israelsson
<jonas.israelsson at elementary.se> wrote:
> Here's the original volume metadata
> FORMAT=RAW
> SIZE=67108864
> TYPE=PREALLOCATED
> And here's the LV
> LV Creation host, time moe.mgmt.elementary.se, 2016-01-18 12:06:48 +0000
> LV Size                35.25 GiB
> Current LE             282
> That disk is created inside oVirt, and I can not explain how it could have
> grown beyond 32G

Do you have logs from January 2016, showing how this disk was created?

I'm sure the disk was not created from oVirt UI, since you cannot specify
size of 35.25 G, only integer values.

35.25G is exactly 32G * 1.1, rounded up to the next extent size (128M).
We do this calculation when estimating the size of a sparse volume.

Maybe this disk started as thin provisioned disk on another storage domain,
and was converted to preallocated volume on January 2016? Or maybe this
disk is a result of a merge?

Nir