[ovirt-users] First steps with ovirt, what can I expect?

Ben De Luca bdeluca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:49:27 UTC 2016

Hi,
   I am building my first ovirt system and I am wondering about the state
of my system. I think it should be different than what it is right now. If
any one has advice, opinions or thought I am open to hearing. Sorry If I
have some of the terminology wrong).

    I am try to building a 3 node cluster, with nfs3 storage on top of
centos 7.2 system.

    I have 3 identical nodes, and one machine providing dns for the 3
nodes. I have configured names for the nodes and for the engine

    I installed centos-release-ovirt40 (which has resolved to
centos-release-ovirt40-1.0-1.el7.centos.noarch)

    Using the appliance I found at
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-4.0/rpm/el7/noarch/ovirt-engine-appliance-4.0-20160928.1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
I ran hosted-engine --deploy . it completed without error.

     What has me confused is I can only reach the management engine
(ping/web console) on the host that I ran hosted-engine --deploy. The other
nodes can not  reach it.

    I feel like I should be able to connect to it from every where so I can
add the other nodes, as I have never done this before I dont know what
state it should be at the moment. Is there another step I need to take to
make it visible on the rest of the network?

-Ben