[ovirt-users] gluster setup in ovirt

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Fri Oct 28 04:51:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Thing <thing.thing at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 3 machines imported into ovirt 4.0.4 just to do storage.  I have no
> storage setup.  I am a bit confused, can I add new storage from scratch via
> ovirt? ie picking mount points (I have /gv1 so set on each) or do I create
> the gluster replicated setup manually on each of the three nodes first? and
> import "ready made"?

You can setup gluster volume from scratch via oVirt
Once you add 3 nodes to the cluster - create bricks using the Storage
Devices sub-tab under each host. This will provision and mount the brick
from an unused raw block device on host.
Once the brick directories are mounted - use the New volume dialog to
create the volume