[ovirt-users] 100% disk utilization on Hosted Engine

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Sat Oct 29 03:02:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have hit a unique problem. Using oVirt 4.0.2.7-1.el7.centos since last
one month and I have hit a unique problem. The Engine is reporting that
Disk space allocated to Hosted engine is full and is not allowing to
login to engine's console to clear some files as well. When I try to add
additional storage to Hosted engine, engine admin portal reports that as
Engine VM is not managed by oVirt Engine, it cannot extend the storage.

Now the questions are:

1. Is it that enabling advanced DWH on the engine host is the root cause
for 100GB of disk getting filled in about 1 month?

2. How do we clear the disk of some unwanted files and extend the space?

3. How do we reset the DWH database to basic?

Note: CentOS 7.2 is not even allowing us to login to console to do any
action. Booting the Hosted Engine VM with Live CD etc., looks like is
ruled out in this case.
--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava