[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.0 Reporting

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Oct 30 08:17:40 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 12:09 PM,  <aleksey.maksimov at it-kb.ru> wrote:
> Hello oVirt guru`s!
>
> In the first half of 2016 was the following information: http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2016-June/040549.html
>
> Are there any news about the built-in oVirt 4.0 reporting mechanism?

It's called now "Dashboard". It's the default first screen you see after
admin login in 4.0, you can't miss it.

> Is there any chance that we will see reports in the oVirt web console?

If you refer to the ovirt-engine-reports that was available in 3.6, then
the answer is No. If that's exactly what you need, you should stay in
3.6 for now. In principle you can setup a 3.6 ovirt-engine-reports machine
to work against a 4.0 engine+dwh, it might work, I am not aware of anyone
doing this.

Please check the following for 4.1+ plans in this area:

http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/engine/metrics-store/

Best,
--
Didi