[ovirt-users] 100% disk utilization on Hosted Engine

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Sun Oct 30 17:16:13 UTC 2016

Hello Didi,

Apart form oVirt-engine, nothing else is running on the server. Engine
is running on CentOS 7.2 minimal installation. We have 2 hosts, 1 iSCSI
storage, about 19 VMs and 5 Networks. In this setup oVirt engine is
running in a separate VM created on VMWare ESXi. In 20 odd days, it
consumed around 70GB out of 100 GB!!!

In another setup, we have only one host, hosted engine, 9 VMs, 2
Networks, 1 FC Storage. In about 30 odd days, 100% of available 100 GB
consumed!! It is in this setup CentOS is not allowing us to loginto
engine VM as no space to create any temp files on the storage. We have
ISO Domain created on this engine VM. But that's only about 3 GB in size.

Both setup are not exposed to internet. Hence, any malware is ruled out.

We have observed, the logs are also growing and we have not found that
logs are not rotating. All logs right from day one are kept intact.
Nothing in the user files. Because no user is allowed to use this VM.

What else it could be? 100% consumption without even a warning, is very
strange.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava