[ovirt-users] ovirt 3.5.6: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_images" during import
a.ghelardi at iontrading.com
Thu Sep 1 12:38:54 UTC 2016
Since this is a production environment, our upgrade project is not so quick to complete.
Are you asking because you think this database issue would be cleared by an upgrade or maybe because we could check the bug on a currently maintained version? ☺
From: Sandro Bonazzola [mailto:sbonazzo at redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 14:03
To: Andrea Ghelardi <a.ghelardi at iontrading.com>
Cc: users at ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] ovirt 3.5.6: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_images" during import
Hi Andrea, I'm a bit curious, any reason for staying on 3.5 and not upgrading to 3.6 / 4.0 ?
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:47 AM, Andrea Ghelardi <a.ghelardi at iontrading.com<mailto:a.ghelardi at iontrading.com>> wrote:
I’m currently unable to import/activate VM due to error above.
It has been a long series of unfortunate events.
Long story short:
- VM running on storage on iscsi failing disks
- put storage and server in maint. Shut down server
- restart server.
- server has a misconfiguration on lvm/multipath rules (not due to ovirt)
- put storage and server active
- cluster goes down. Put storage in maintenance again. Detached storage from cluster (ach! That was unfortunate).
- cluster now ok. Storage ok. Activate storage.
- trying to import VM. Ovirt replies with error in subject and attached.
How can I recover from this situation?
It would be great to recover the entire VM, but I’m more interested in disks which are in unregistered state than VM itself.
Thank you all
Users mailing list
Users at ovirt.org<mailto:Users at ovirt.org>
Better technology. Faster innovation. Powered by community collaboration.
See how it works at redhat.com<http://redhat.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users