[ovirt-users] live migration with openvswitch

Pavel Levshin lpk at 581.spb.su
Thu Sep 8 08:27:56 UTC 2016

Hi.

I'm trying to learn Ovirt 4 and have a problem with it.

My cluster consists of 3 nodes. I use Openvswitch for network
connectivity. I have a HostedEngine and one additional VM in the cluster.

When I try to migrate the VM to another node, it fails. From vdsm and
libvirtd logs I see that proper network interface on destination node
cannot be found. Libvirt tries to find Openvswitch bridge with name like
"vdsmbr_AOYiPtcT". It exists on source node, but it is unique on every
node, because it contains random part. Additionally, it changes on every
reboot.

How this is supposed to work?

--
Pavel Levshin