[ovirt-users] Peculiar Problem in migrating storage from one to another domain

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Mon Sep 19 17:27:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I had created a Windows VM accidentally with storage in EXPORT_DOMAIN
rather than using a specified MASTER_STORAGE Domain built on iSCSI
storage. Realising the mistake, I moved the VM's disk from EXPORT_DOMAIN
to MASTER_STORAGE domain. The engine reported that disk moved
successfully. When I attempted to start the VM, I am getting error
"Cannot start VM, related operation is in progress". This error has
persisted over last 24 Hours!!. I attempted to remove the disk from VM,
same error appears. When I try to delete disk from MASTER_STORAGE
Domain, same error appears.

What could have gone wrong in this disk movement?

I am using oVirt 4.0.2 on CentOS 7 and 2 hosts in the cluster are also
with CentOS 7 base OS on which the Hypervisor is installed.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava

eXza Technology Consulting & Services