[ovirt-users] quota creation from ovirt-shell

Andrej Krejcir akrejcir at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 09:44:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

there is a bug in the ovirt-cli, which makes creating quotaclusterlimit and quotastoragelimit impossible.

The correct syntax would be:
add quotastoragelimit --parent-datacenter-name Default --parent-quota-name testcli ...

You could use a python script with the SDK instead.
For example:

from ovirtsdk.api import API
from ovirtsdk.xml.params import Quota
from ovirtsdk.xml.params import QuotaStorageLimit

api = API('IP:PORT/ovirt-engine/api', 'admin at internal', 'pass')
dc = api.datacenters.list()[0]
quota = dc.quotas.add(Quota(name="quota1"))
quota.quotastoragelimits.add(QuotaStorageLimit(limit=100))

Regards,
Andrej