[ovirt-users] Failed Import - Hung finalizing

Gervais de Montbrun gervais at demontbrun.com
Tue Sep 20 15:44:41 UTC 2016

Hi Brett,

You may be able to clear the task using the vdsClient:

On the SPM host, you can run vdsClient to query and make changes to the cluster To cleanup stuck task, for example

[root at oVirt1 ~]
# vdsClient -s 0 getAllTasksStatuses
{'status': {'message': 'OK', 'code': 0}, 'allTasksStatus': {}}

[root at oVirt1 ~]# vdsClient -s 0 clearTask <TaskID>

In my experience, the stuck task is never listed and therefore not available to be removed with vdsClient. What has worked for me in the past is to ssh into the engine and re-running `engine-setup` If you are running a hosted engine make sure that you put it in global maintenance mode first.

Cheers,
Gervais