[ovirt-users] Can't add logical network

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Wed Sep 21 13:08:07 UTC 2016

By the way, what are the exact steps to add a new network in oVirt?
Because I was following this guide

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/bonding-vlan-bridge/

that basically explains how to create manually a standard bond+vlan+bridge,
that I already did on my ovirt hosts, but I can't manage to get the network
working in the VMs. Ovirt always complains about that the network is not
available on that host.
I created a network named "br20" in my case.
My ifcfg-* files:

[root at vm04 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-bond0.20
DEVICE=bond0.20
VLAN=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
NM_CONTROLLED=no
BRIDGE=br20
MTU=1500
[root at vm04 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-br20
TYPE=Bridge
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
BOOTPROTO="none"
DEVICE="br20"
IPADDR=192.168.9.228
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT="yes"
DEFROUTE=no

What am I missing?

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Maxence Sartiaux <contact at makz.me>
> wrote:
>
>> Okay, i found a workaround.
>>
>> - Create empty ifcfg-lan on all hosts (touch
>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lan)
>> - Assign the bridge to the bond (Ovirt only add MTU=1500 in the file)
>> - Unassign the bridge (Ovirt rewrite the bond configuration files)
>> - Re-assign the bridge on the bond
>> - yay it work !
>>

> I would recommend describing the exact steps you do, provide output of the
> ifcfg list of files at each step + vdsm and supervdsm logs.
>
> I am not clear what is the 'lan' device is representing, is this your bond
> name?
> network name?
>

>> On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 10:08 +0200, Maxence Sartiaux wrote:
>>
>> I configured the bond manually by editing the ifcfg file like i did in
>> my old install on ovirt 3.6 and 4.0
>>
>> the only ifcfg file i have are the 4 for the physical interfaces, two
>> for the bonds and one for the ovirtmgmt bridge.
>>
>> I'll send the vdsm log later.
>>
>> On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 10:14 -0400, Francesco Romani wrote:

Davide Ferrari
Senior Systems Engineer