[ovirt-users] 4-node oVirt with replica-3 gluster

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Fri Sep 23 14:24:58 UTC 2016

Reading the glusterfs docs

https://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/arbiter-volumes-and-quorum/

"In a replica 3 volume, client-quorum is enabled by default and set to
'auto'. This means 2 bricks need to be up for the writes to succeed. Here
is how this configuration prevents files from ending up in split-brain:"

So this means that if one of the machines with the 2 bricks (arbiter &
normal) fails, the otherbrick will be set RO, or am I missing something?
I mean, this config will be better in case of a network loss, and thus a
split brain, but it's far worse in case of a machine failing or being
rebooted for maintenance.

--
Davide Ferrari
Senior Systems Engineer