[ovirt-users] How can I to add RAM to Hosted Engine VM?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:10:32 UTC 2016

>> 25.09.2016, 09:14, "Roy Golan" <rgolan at redhat.com>:
>>
>> You need to edit the vm in the webui and increase the memory there. The
>> next cold boot of the machine will load it with the new config. Do note
>> that the engine has an interval which triggers the creation of the new
>> vm.conf. The interval config item can be checked using
>>
>> ```

Hello, from which version?

In my case I have "oVirt Engine Version: 4.0.2.7-1.el7.centos" and I get
this error if I try to modify from web admin, but I don't understand if it
could be related with something different....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvdHRHamZJZm5iRkU/view?usp=sharing

Currently general pane for hosted engine vm is this one, so that OS appears
as "Other OS" (the engien vm was installed from appliance initially):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvbkkyejJ4V1gxd2M/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Gianluca