[ovirt-users] Scheduling policy for oVirt cluster "vm_evenly_distributed"

aleksey.maksimov at it-kb.ru aleksey.maksimov at it-kb.ru
Mon Sep 26 09:44:18 UTC 2016

Hello oVirt guru`s!

oVirt Engine Version: 4.0.3-1.el7.centos

I test load balancing (Scheduling policy for oVirt cluster)
I created a copy of the policy "vm_evenly_distributed" (see My_vm_evenly_distributed.png)
The policy specified limit 2 VMs on the host.

I have a 4 host in oVirt cluster. On the first host are 5 virtual machines. Other hosts do not have the VM.

HOST1 - 5VM
HOST2 - 0VM
HOST3 - 0VM
HOST4 - 0VM

Now I apply the policy on a cluster and I expect that oVirt start to migrate VMs from first host to another, e.g.

HOST1 - 2 VM
HOST2 - 2 VM
HOST3 - 1 VM
HOST4 - 0 VM

But in fact, migration is performed only one virtual machine:

HOST1 - 4 VM
HOST2 - 1 VM
HOST3 - 0 VM
HOST4 - 0 VM

All hosts on the same hardware.
VMs not have Affinity Groups.
All VMs are HA-enabled and automigration-enabled

What am I doing wrong?