[ovirt-users] Windows VDI Licensing

Maxence Sartiaux contact at makz.me
Thu Sep 29 09:35:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

I currently work on a Windows VDI infrastructure based on ovirt, i'm
looking for informations or experiences about Windows/Office VDI
Licensing.

My pool is stateless and the domain controller is a Samba 4.5.

I called Microsoft for informations they told me i need a Windows
Server Active Directory because it's impossible to activate the Windows
with a Samba 4 AD.

Can someone confirm ?

If it's possible with a Samba AD, what license do i need for Windows
and for Office ?

I don't know which one is better, SA / VDA / RDS CAL / ...

Thank you.