[ovirt-users] Clone and export VM by ovirt-shell

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 12:33:29 UTC 2016

On 09/29/2016 01:38 PM, vasily.lamykin at MegaFon.ru wrote:
> I use ovirt 3.6.
>
> How can I clone vm from snapshot.
>
> I want to do it by ovirt-shell.
>
> And after this I want to export VM.
>

> I can’t get information help for vm clone.
>
> And I don’t understand help action export.
>

> Give me please example for this command’s.

In the oVirt API what you intend to do is achieved adding a virtual
machine, and specifying the identifier of the snapshot that you want to use:

  add vm --name myvm --cluster-name  mycluster --snapshots-snapshot
"snapshot.id=935d92a0-2f04-4ab6-ab71-f578a22ca788"

Once you have created that virtual machine you can export it like this:

 action vm myvm export --storage_domain-name myexport

> help action vm clone

> ERROR
>
>                                                                     vm
> clone does not exist.
>

> =============================================================================================================================================================
>

> *Ламыкин Василий*
>
> Старший инженер по эксплуатации сервисных платформ
>
> Столичный ф-ал ПАО "МегаФон
>

> +7 (926) 500-3308
>
> МегаФон лого+знак РУС B2C

> Информация в этом сообщении предназначена исключительно для конкретных
> лиц, которым она адресована. В сообщении может содержаться
> конфиденциальная информация, которая не может быть раскрыта или
> использована кем-либо, кроме адресатов. Если вы не адресат этого
> сообщения, то использование, переадресация, копирование или
> распространение содержания сообщения или его части незаконно и
> запрещено. Если Вы получили это сообщение ошибочно, пожалуйста,
> незамедлительно сообщите отправителю об этом и удалите со всем
> содержимым само сообщение и любые возможные его копии и приложения.
>
> The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
> the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
> privileged information. The contents may not be disclosed or used by
> anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended
> recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
> taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be
> unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please notify
> us immediately by responding to this email and then delete the e-mail
> and all attachments and any copies thereof.
>
> (c)20mf50

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain