[ovirt-users] vioscsi.sys BSOD with Win 7

Ladi Prosek lprosek at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 12:50:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Ladi Prosek <lprosek at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Cam Mac <iucounu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ladi,
>>

>>> We will try just the win 7 drivers that shipped with 3.6.3 rather than the
>>> SHA-2 signed FC23 drivers and I'll get back to you. I have a question:
>>> if I try to build a Win2k12 server via WDS, I assume I will have to add
>>> the 2k12 drivers and then remove them again if I go to build a Win 7 VM
>>> as Win 7 will presumably try to pick up the 2k12 driver? Or can they
>>> co-exist?
>>> WDS has a build process whenever drivers are added (e.g., for KVM, VMWare
>>> etc) for available drivers. Do you know when the fix will be available?
>>>

>> Sorry for replying to my own post, but it turns out that there should be a
>> way in WDS to
>> set separate build directories for Win 7 and 2012, so please disregard that
>> question.
>>
>> The build appears to be going well so far, no BSODs.
>>
>> Thanks very much for the help Ladi!
>
> No worries, I'm glad that you're not blocked anymore.
>
>> Any ideas on when the newly signed drivers will be available?
>
> Shouldn't take more than a few weeks, I'll keep you posted.

Just a quick update, hope it's ok to reply to this old thread.

It took longer than expected but virtio-win-0.1.126-1.noarch has just
been released and it fixes both the signing issue (no more SHA-2
signatures) and the versioning issue (minimum target Windows version
is now declared by all drivers which should prevent the version
mixups).

Thanks,
Ladi