[ovirt-users] Cleanup illegal snapshot

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Fri Sep 30 05:47:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

if a OVirt snapshot is illegal we might have 2 situations.

1) qemu is still using it - lsof shows qemu access to the base raw and the
delta qcow2 file. -> E.g. a previous live merge failed. In the past we
successfully solved that situation by setting the status of the delta image
in the database to OK.

2) qemu is no longer using it. lsof shows qemu access only to the the base
raw file -> E.g. a previous live merge succeded in qemu but Ovirt did not
recognize.

How to clean up the 2nd situation?

Best regards.

Markus